Pre-applied, ionic fusion waterproofing sheet system
NovaTak 60 mil pre-applied sheet waterproofing is specially formulated to create a chemical reaction that ionicly fuses the butyl rubber membrane to freshly placed concrete, thus creating an inseparable integration between NovaTak and the concrete substrate. NovaTak is a highly durable, non-vulcanized butyl rubber membrane that is very easy to install due to its flexibility and ability to conform to all types of prepared substrates. NovaTak utilizes butyl adhesive tapes that create butyl-to-butyl bonded seams with a tenacious bond that rivals heat welding and makes system repairs quick and easy.
Installation is efficient and reliable with butyl-to-butyl adhesive bonds using NovaTape single-sided tape or NovaTape D double-sided tape at manufacturer marked side laps, end laps, and patches. NovaTak delivers superior performance in harsh conditions without the need for specialized equipment, heat, or power.
Composition: NovaTak is a 60 mil (1.5 mm) sheet that consists of two layers of specially formulated black butyl rubber sandwiching a central reinforcement film of oriented polypropylene (OPP) and protected with a white release liner.
This product was formally known as Novatak by Kingfield Construction Products.
- NovaTak creates an ionic fusion to concrete that is many times stronger than traditional pre-applied sheet membranes and does so without the use of any adhesive.
- The flexibility of NovaTak provides the installer with a membrane that is easy to apply, especially to substrates that are irregular or where multiple penetrations may exist.
- NovaTak stays flexible in extreme cold and prevents slumping in high heats, making it easy to apply.
- Prevents lateral water migration by ionically fusing directly to poured-in-place concrete and shotcrete.
- NovaTak does not pre-activate like bentonite when exposed to rain or ponding water, it can withstand long term UV exposure without warping or deforming like HDPE, and it is unaffected by rain, snow, or ice.
- Direct UV, precipitation, pooling water, and heat do not substantially adversely affect the installed system.
- Proven and effective, NovaTak has an over 20-year successful track record of performance on projects around the world.
Injec Injection Tube Waterstop